Women’s Health Services at GVPT
. . . run by women, for women
GVPT provides physical therapy services geared toward the individual health needs of women. Our exceptionally trained female physical therapist provides sensitive, personalized, proactive care for the successful treatment of gender specific issues occurring throughout the stages of the female life cycle.
Our Women’s Health physical therapist addresses a variety of issues, including but not limited to:
- Prenatal Low Back Pain: Physical therapy helps through specific strengthening and lumbar stabilization, as well as improving postural control, coordination, and kinesthetic awareness
- Prenatal Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Caused by edema in the wrist and hands associated with pregnancy. Common treatments include increasing range of motion, strengthening, application of modalities, and exercise.
- Postpartum Rehabilitation: Strengthening of core musculature, lumbar stabilization, and improvement of posture and kinesthetic awareness. Strengthening of pelvic floor musculature through exercise and computerized biofeedback.
- Post Gynecological Surgery Rehabilitation: Strengthening of core musculature, as well as pelvic floor musculature through exercise and biofeedback.
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction: Strengthening of weak musculature, relaxation techniques, and application of pain relieving modalities
- Urinary Incontinence: Physical therapy for treatment of stress or urge incontinence. Strengthening of abdominal and pelvic floor musculature through exercise and computerized biofeedback. Recommendation for lifestyle modifications to reduce incontinence
- Osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis: Physical Therapy for pain reduction, muscle strengthening and stretching, fall and fracture prevention, and postural education
- Sport Specific Training for the female athlete: Individualized, functional exercise to improve balance, coordination, proprioception, and strength for the female athlete’s specific sport/activity