Managing Obesity Via Exercise
A key component in weight loss is an effective, consistent exercise program which combines both aerobic and resistance training.
Why use a Physical Therapist (PT) verses a Personal Trainer?
- A physical therapist has the knowledge to safely manage and prescribe exercises which will not exacerbate any existing medical conditions.
- Sessions are covered by insurance.
- A physical therapist will help you set goals, monitor your progress and provide motivation and support.
A physical therapist can design an individualized program to:
- Decrease pain
- Correct issues with posture and balance
- Restore flexibility
- Increase strength
- Prevent disability
- Increase cardiovascular endurance
- GVPT and their patients begin exercise in either the pool or in a gym setting with the individual guidance of a physical therapist on site!
- GVPT offers warm water aquatic physical therapy which is easier on painful joints and sore muscles. The buoyancy of the water allows for decreased weight bearing pressure and greater freedom of movement. Aquatic PT patients enjoy the ability to move without fear of falling or injury.